Hiking – Karpathos has marked natural paths that lead to unique routes towards the mountains and beaches. Traditional churches, rare landscapes, incredible views of the beaches and the open sea, a variety of vegetation and flowers, rare scents, are some of the things you can only find on the island of Karpathos. Karpathos provides hikers unique experiences.
Windsurfing – The marine sport windsurfing began in Karpathos in the mid 80s. International competitions have taken place in the island of Karpathos. Karpathos is considered a paradise for surfers. The wind of Karpathos in combination with the unique beaches offer incredible experiences for both novice and experienced fans of the sport.
Beaches – Karpathos has 160km. coastline. In this coastline unfold countless picturesque beaches with special and unique beauty and crystal clear waters. There are sheltered areas where surviving populations of the endangered species live, such as the Mediterranean monk seal monachous monachous. There are beaches for tranquility and relaxation, but there are very organized beaches with umbrellas and taverns. Karpathos also provides beaches that have been awarded for their beauty and purity.Among the most beautiful beaches of Karpathos stand out, Amoopi, Achata, Apella, Kyra Panagia, Ag.Nikolaos (Spoa), Lefkos, Ag. Nicholas (Arkassa), Christou Pigadi, Diakoftis, Agios Minas.
- Amoopi – The most known and famous area of Karpathos that beaches have many shades of blue . The scenic and beautiful beaches of Amoopi are sandy, protected from wind and shallow waters. They are suitable for families with young children. The turquoise waters impress. The beaches here are organized. Next to the beach there are restaurants and tavernas.
- Achata – Achata beach is sandy with small pebbles. The deep blue waters and the majestic blocks of rock that surround the beach create a magical landscape. It’s organized with umbrellas and Taverns
- Apella – The award winning beach of Karpathos with deep crystal turquoise waters, exotic color on the sand and pebbles in some corners, compose one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The imposing mountain full of pine trees makes fascinating landscape. Has umbrellas and small tavern.
- Kyra Panagia – Probably the most photographed beach of Karpathos. Golden sand and clear deep waters, surrounded by the pine dressed mountains that descend to the beach. Has umbrellas and restaurants. The characteristic here is the beautiful church of “Kyra Panagia” that is found aside and higher than the beach.
- Agios Nikolaos (Spoa) – Viewing this beach you will be left breathless. Golden sand combined with very small pebbles. Clear blue waters. Organized beach with umbrellas and tavern.
- Lefkos – Successive sandy beaches with turquoise-blue waters. From here you have the unique view of the island Sokastro. Organized beach with umbrellas and taverns. Ruins of ancient city on the beaches.
- Agios Nikolaos (Arkassa) – The “Hawaii” of Karpathos. With golden sand this beach is considered the best beach for body surfing in continuous waves. It is an organized beach with umbrellas and shower and taverns. With unique views of the neighboring island of Kasou.
- Christou Pigadi – It’s located in Afiartis near the road to the airport. Consists fine pebbles, there are trees that provide natural shade and turquoise waters. Here there is a natural source that flows into the sea and makes the water much cooler. Has umbrellas and taverns.
- Diakoftis – It is located in Afiartis on the road around the Airport of Karpathos. The double beach, gives you the feeling you are at the …. Carribean. The beauty of this beach is beyond words. Nobody leaves Karpathos without taking memories of Diakoftis. Turquoise clear waters full of saltiness. Golden sand overlooking the “Kastellos”, the southernmost cape of Karpathos.
- Boat Excursions – From the port of Pigadia every morning there are small boats that make day trips and take you to beautiful beaches where you could not reach by car. They also offer food and drink so your excursion is more pleasant.You may also take a small boat to the beautiful Diafani. This is the second port of Karpathos nearest to the village Olympus. From here there is a small bus that will take you to visit the famous Olympus, the more traditional village of Greece.Guests that have many more days at their disposal can travel to the neighboring island of Kasos. There is a boat that makes daily trips from the port of Pigadia, or by airplane which happens to be the shortest flight in the world.